Bohl's Blog

my digital life

my new blog - finally up and running?

Finally, after a couple of failed attempts - my new blog is up and running!

I put this together on a V-server running WindowsServer2008. I used Microsoft's WebMatrix - which makes the installation a child's play. ...or at least, that is what it seemed to be. In fact, it took me the better part of the day to figure out how to publish the site using WebDeploy. The setup of WebDeploy worked like described here or here - the problem was that the "Management Service Delegation"-icon did not show up. And, needless to say, deploying a site did not work. After a while I found this, and the procedure with downloading the standalone installer and installing it with custom settings finally did the trick.
Not sure if I missed something or screwed something up in the course of trying to fix this, though.

Well, there is a lot to be learned...